Attendance of the IMF and WBG Spring Meetings is by invitation only. All participants must be accredited in advance of the Meetings.
To facilitate accreditation and registration, the participants are divided into different categories, described at this link. Please determine your registration category and submit your registration request accordingly.
PRE-ARRIVAL: Obtaining a visa to attend the Spring Meetings
All participants should ensure that passports are valid for at least six months from the date of entry and consult information provided by the U.S. Department of State for the latest information on visas and entry requirements. Additional information regarding visa and travel restrictions can be found at the Department of Homeland Security.
If visas are required, applications should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing.
Each authorized registrant attending in person will receive a confirmation letter. It is not required to show invitation/registration confirmation letter upon visa application, although in the past that was helpful for some attendees to acquire the visa.
Registration desk and badges pick-up
The main registration desk will be located in the Bank’s I building and will be open from Monday, April 10 to Sunday, April 16, 2023, from 8:00 to 5:30 pm (hours subject to change).
All approved in-person participants must show their registration confirmation email, and photo ID to registration staff in order to pick-up their Spring Meetings badge.
Spring Meetings identification badges must bear a current photograph of the registrant: participants must be photographed and obtain their individual registration badge. Spring Meetings registration badges will be required prior to entry into the Spring Meetings venues.
A satellite registration desk, for the use of Executive Directors offices only, will be located in the lobby of the IMF HQ2 Building, from Monday, April 10, through Sunday, April 16. Hours of operation will reflect those of the Main Registration Desk.
Spring Meetings badge will permit entry into the IMF HQ1 and HQ2 and World Bank MC and J Buildings. The tunnel between IMF HQ1 and MC will be available for Fund/Bank/ED staff and Spring Meetings badge holders to move between the buildings. Please be advised that from April 10 to April 16, all, including Spring Meetings badge holders, will be subject to magnetometer and x-ray screening before entering Fund/Bank facilities. Screening lines move quickly, but individuals should allow extra time for this process to arrive on time for a scheduled meeting.
The Spring Meetings badge will be valid from Monday, April 10 through Sunday, April 16, 2022. For delegates only, Spring Meetings badges will allow access through Friday, April 21.
Press Badges grant access to the press room, press conferences, and press briefings. Members of the press must be accompanied by a staff escort within office areas at all times. Members of the press requiring building access after April 16 must comply with IMF/WBG visitor procedures.
All participants must present their Spring Meetings photo identification badges or IMF/WBG staff badges to enter through the perimeter checkpoints. A badge should always be displayed inside the security perimeter. It is not advisable, however, to wear identification badges in public outside the perimeter, especially if there are demonstrators nearby.
Anyone attending Spring Meetings’ events while the security perimeter is in place from Thursday, April 12, to Sunday, April 16 must be registered and have an Spring Meetings badge.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Spring Meetings participants should follow prevailing health and safety guidance, including all signage posted in and around Bank and Fund buildings.
- Both vaccinated and unvaccinated participants may enter Bank/Fund buildings.
- While proof of vaccination is not required to enter the Bank/Fund buildings, it is recommended that individuals carry their vaccination certificate in case requested for travel or other venues. Participants are encouraged to check latest guidance on travel to the US on the CDC website.
- Masks are optional but encouraged and available throughout the buildings.
- Participants are not required to undergo COVID testing, but they are encouraged to bring testing kits with them if they’d like to test themselves. Self-test kits will not be provided.
- People feeling unwell should not come onsite.
- Departure tests will not be available onsite. Departure tests (PCR) for travel should be scheduled in advance through a hotel, local testing facility or pharmacy. Arrangements and payments for these tests are the responsibility of the individual.
Spring Meetings badges will provide access to the IMF HQ 1 and HQ2 buildings and WBG MC and J buildings. The Fund and Bank buildings will only be open to Fund/Bank staff and Spring Meetings badge holders.
IMF HQ 1 - 700 19th Street, NW
- ATM (Level 1)
- Business Center Conference Rooms (Levels Red-10)
- Cafe (Level 2)
- IMF Today Studio (Level 1, Atrium)
- Exhibits (Level 1-2, Gallery, Red Level)
- Fund Publications (Gallery, Red Level)
- Gift Shop (Level 1, Lobby)
- Information (Level 1, Lobby)
- Networking Lounge (Level 1, Plaza)
IMF HQ 2 - 1900 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- ATM (Level 1)
- Banking Services (Level 1)
- Bistro (Level 2)
- Business Center (Level 2)
- Business Center Conference rooms (Levels 3-12)
- Cafe (Level 2) (partially operational)
- CSO Lounge (Level 3)
- Exhibit (Levels 1-2)
- Gift Shop (Level 1, Atrium)
- Information (Level 1)
- Press Center (Level 2)
DAR Constitution Hall - 1776 D Street, NW (D and 18th Street, NW)
Main Complex (MC) Building – 1818 H Street, NW
- Spring Meetings Store (Lobby, Level 1)
- ATM (Lobby & Level C1)
- Atrium Coffee Bar (Level 2)
- Banking Services (Level C2)
- Business Center Conference Rooms (Levels 2-11)
- Business Lounge (Lobby, Level 1)
- Café Nation (Level C1)
- Cafeteria/ Global Hall (Level C1)
- Executive Dining Room (Level C1)
- Illy Coffee Bar (Lobby, Level 1)
- Information Desk (Lobby, Level 1)
- Medstar Clinic (Level C2)
- World Bank Publications (Lobby, Level 1)
F Building – 2121 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- ATM (Pennsylvania Avenue and L Street Lobbies)
- Cafeteria (Level K)
- Café (Level 1)
J Building - 701 18th Street, NW
- Business Center Conference Rooms (Levels 2-11)
- Business Lounge (Lobby, Level 1)
- Cafeteria (Level 1)
I Building – 1850 I Street, NW
- Registration (Level 1)
- CSO Forum (Level 2)
- Café (Level 2)
- Cafeteria (Level 1)
The IMF and World Bank Group are committed to providing access to events and supporting participants with disabilities. For the IMF, questions about accessibility can be directed to email@example.com. Once in the Bank buildings, questions about accessibility may be directed to the information desk.
Getting Around the IMF buildings
- IMF HQ buildings are accessible; exterior doors and restrooms have push-button openers.
- IMF HQ buildings are equipped with restrooms and water fountains that are wheelchair accessible.
- Individuals requiring mobility assistance in an emergency should contact IMF Security Services upon arrival by calling +1-202-623-6740.
Getting Around the Bank MC building
- Bank buildings are ADA accessible; exterior doors and key conference areas have ADA push-button openers.
- Elevators serve all areas of the building. MC building elevators have braille labels on the panels and elevators with vocal prompts are located in the SE and SW corners of the building.
- Bank buildings are equipped with restrooms and water fountains that are wheelchair accessible.
- Wheelchairs or motorized scooters can be rented from Lenox Medical Supply. All arrangements should be made directly with the provider.
- Individuals requiring mobility assistance in an emergency should advise the WBG security guards upon arrival or call security +1-202-458-8888 in advance to provide their name and dates they will be on-site.
Bilateral Meetings/Business Center Conference Rooms
Meetings can be scheduled in offices, office conference rooms, or in a Business Center Conference Room. Business Center Conference rooms will be located in the Fund’s HQ1 and HQ2 buildings and in the Bank’s MC and J buildings. These rooms can be reserved in 30-minute windows of up to two hours.
For Meetings within IMF buildings
Rooms will be assigned based on availability according to room capacity and meeting needs. For bilateral meeting with simultaneous interpretation, rooms can be reserved for up to 90 minutes. Allocation is based on both room and interpreter availability. Requests to arrange bilateral meetings should be placed on the Event Management System.
For Meetings within Bank buildings
Requests for reservations in Bank Business Center Conference Rooms can be made through this link.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There will be Business Networking Lounges to provide spaces for small impromptu meetings in the IMF HQ1 building front lobby (Plaza) and HQ2 3rd floor and WBG MC and J building front lobbies.
The HQ1 Delegates Lounge will be staffed from 8 am to 6 pm, April 10-16, and will have a photocopier and stations with power outlets to charge mobile devices.
The HQ2 Delegates Lounge (co-located with the Business Center) will be staffed from 8 am to 6 pm, Monday, April 10 through Saturday, April 15, and will have a photocopier and a couple of outlets to charge mobile devices.
Two business lounge locations (Bank: MC Lobby) with lounge and table seating for informal meetings or to work between meetings will be available from Monday, April 10 through Sunday, April 16, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm daily. The Bank Business Lounge will be equipped with a pair of guest computers, a local printer/copier, and international power strips for you to charge your devices.
Participants are invited to join one of the many activities including events hosted by the Moroccan Planning Team on behalf of the Kingdom of Morocco, host country of the 2023 World Bank and IMF Annual Meetings. Please refer to digital signage for more information.
In line with our organizational mission and the Sustainable Development Goals, the World Bank has implemented a campus-wide waste disposal system to improve recycling and composting efforts and reduce waste sent to landfill. We encourage you to help reduce our overall environmental footprint. In the common areas on each floor of the buildings, you will find four color-coded collection bins with detailed signage indicating what materials are to be placed in each.
- Blue Recycling– Recyclables such as bottles, cans, and plastics
- Green Recycling– Paper, including water boxes and cardboard
- Red Composting– Compostables, including food waste and all WB take-away containers
- Black Landfill– Any items that can’t be recycled/composted. If you are unsure, place items here.
The IMF is increasingly embedding environmental sustainability considerations into decision making for its business operations. With the establishment in 2021 of an Environmental Sustainability Council, led by senior staff, the IMF is putting greater emphasis on the Fund’s own carbon footprint and ways to mitigate its operational impact, while continuing to effectively serve the membership. Recent efforts have included removal of plastic in food operations, changes in building operations to lower energy usage, and implementation of a hybrid work model that significantly reduces employee commuting. Some emissions are unavoidable to support the membership and the IMF is fully offsetting its emissions through UNFCCC certified carbon offsets.
IMF: All official documents and members’ statements will be published on IMF Connect, including the IMF Flagship Publications, Governors’ Statements, and documents and statements for the IMFC. Publicly available IMFC documents and statements will also be made available on IMF Connect for all participants. For assistance with submitting or accessing official documents please contact the Documents Team by email at SECDO@imf.org or by phone at (202) 623-6760.
WBG: Documents and statements related to the Development Committee will be distributed through the DC Secretariat. Publicly available Development Committee documents will be posted on the DC website.
Other Document Related Services
Document Translations - Requests for translation of Spring Meetings-related documents should be submitted through the usual channels established for IMF/WBG translation requests. Should you require additional information or experience any difficulty in submitting your translation requests, please contact usual channel for each institution.
For the IMF: please write to the Chief Translator's Office at CHFTRANS@imf.org.
For the World Bank Group: please write to the Translation Unit at email@example.com.
IMF: The IMF Publications Program will have a display in the HQ1 Red level Tunnel to HQ2 from Monday, April 10, through Friday, April 14.
WBG: World Bank publications are available for free downloads from the Open Knowledge Repository. Also, Bank publications can be purchased at the WBG Bookstore in the World Bank MC Building lobby or from Amazon.com. The WBG Bookstore will operate from Tuesday, April 11, through Saturday, April 15. Browse the WBG Publications for the most recent titles.
Complimentary Wi-Fi Access will be available in all venues during the week of the Spring Meetings. In the IMF buildings, a Wi-Fi passcode is not required. In the Bank Buildings, the Wi-Fi network is AMGuest SSID; no passcode is required.
IMF: IMF branded products can be found on the official Souvenirs link. To purchase any of the items available, please visit the IMF Gift counter in the Lobby area of HQ2 or send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WBG: World Bank Group souvenirs, logoed items, and various sundries are available in the Bank’s Café Nation located in the MC building on level C1 and in the AM store located in the MC Lobby. Hours will be 10:00am – 5:00pm (Tuesday to Friday) and 10:00am – 4:00pm (Saturday).
Food and Beverage
During the principal week of the Meetings, delegates will have access to abbreviated menus.
There will be an increased police presence in the immediate vicinity of Fund/Bank headquarters; security personnel and law enforcement will closely monitor the security environment to issue updated information as necessary. In the event of an emergency, follow the instructions of security personnel and law enforcement. Please note the access arrangements for the 2023 Spring Meetings:
From Wednesday, April 12 through Saturday, April 15 (times subject to change), a full security perimeter will be in place around the Bank MC and Fund HQ1 and HQ2 buildings. Access will be limited to those carrying a Spring Meetings badge or a Bank/Fund staff photo ID. Refer to the Campus Plan for entry points.
Monday, April 10 - Tuesday, April 11:
All individuals entering the HQ buildings through the 19th Street entrances will be subject to magnetometer and x-ray screening throughout the week. Individuals carrying the regular Fund/Bank IDs can bypass screening at specific entrances:
- HQ1 19th Street entrance: Staff can enter without screening. Meetings badge holders will be screened.
- HQ1 Visitor’s Center: Staff can enter without screening. Visitors will be screened.
- HQ2 19th Street entrance: Staff can enter without screening. Others are not permitted.
- HQ2 Visitor’s Center (Press entrance): Press will be screened. Others are not permitted.
- HQ2 Pennsylvania Avenue entrance: Visitors, and Meetings badge holders will be screened.
- HQ2 Credit Union entrance: Staff can enter without screening. Meetings badge holders are not permitted.
- HQ2 20th Street Vendor entrance: Closed.
- HQ1 and HQ2 tunnel: Staff, visitors, and Meetings badge holders may pass without screening.
- HQ1 and World Bank tunnel: Staff and Meetings badge holders may pass without screening.
- HQ1 and HQ2 19th Street sidewalk: Staff, visitors, and Meetings badge holders may pass between buildings without screening.
Wednesday, April 12 - Friday, April 14:
A full security perimeter will be in place around the Fund HQ buildings and Bank MC building. Access will be limited to those carrying a Spring Meetings badge or a Bank/Fund staff photo ID. All personnel entering the security perimeter will be subject to magnetometer/x-ray screening. Visitor passes will not be issued during this period.
The security perimeter will be established in the afternoon on Wednesday, April 12 and will remain in place through late evening Friday, April 14. The security perimeter will have four screening points:
- HQ2 Building: 19th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
- HQ1 Building: 19th Street and G Street (exit only)
- MC Building: 18th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
- MC Building: G Street, between 18th and 19th Street
All badge holders may exit at the following locations:
- 18th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
- 19th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
- 19th Street and G Street
On Sunday, April 16:
All individuals entering HQ1 and HQ2 buildings will be subject to magnetometer and x-ray screening. Individuals carrying regular Fund/Bank IDs can bypass screening at specific entrances. To bypass screening, Fund/Bank IDs must be presented (Spring Meetings badges alone will not be sufficient).
On Monday, April 17:
Access restrictions will revert to a normal work week access procedures for staff. The Spring Meetings Delegate badge holders will be screened at the Visitor’s Center. Regular visitor pass rules apply. Members of the press requiring building access after April 16 must comply with Fund/Bank visitor procedures.
In an emergency, the buildings may be evacuated, or you may be told to remain indoors until the situation has been resolved. In either instance, you will be notified by public address announcement, messages on digital signage/video monitors, or by security personnel.
If you are mobility-impaired and cannot evacuate, call the Emergency Response number listed below or seek assistance using one of the emergency phones located in every stairwell on each floor of both IMF buildings.
In case of fire or smoke in the building:
In case of smoke or fire, do not wait for a public announcement - leave immediately via the established evacuation routes, following the security staff’s instructions. In an emergency call 202-623-9911.
Visibly display your Meetings ID badge at all times inside the venues. Keep your ID badge in a secure place when outside the security perimeter, but readily accessible in order to display upon request at security checkpoints.
- Immediately report the loss of your ID badge to security.
- Do not leave laptops, mobile phones, or other personal items unattended.
Transformation information will be posted here soon.
During the 2023 Spring Meetings there will be no dedicated transportation service between the airports and the Meetings Campus or Official Hotels. Participants are advised to arrange for their own transportation.
Parking will not be available in Fund/Bank buildings for delegations. Please make alternative arrangements at the public garages or street parking.
Public transportation is available (see below):
IMF: A special Transportation Screen will be located by the Networking Lounge in IMF HQ1, Level 1, with information on a range of local transportation options.
Hotel blocks have been secured at nearby hotels. The cut-off date for reservations has passed. Rooms are subject to availability and higher rates may apply.
There are 3 international airports serving the Washington, D.C. area:
FOR EMERGENCIES OUTSIDE THE VENUES: Dial 911 for police/fire/medical
Emergency: 202-623-9911 (IMF) /
Medical Services: 202-458-0822
IMF Spring Meetings Website | www.imfconnect.org
IMF Spring Meetings Information Desk |email@example.com
IMF Corporate Website | www.imf.org
Bank Spring Meetings Website | worldbank.org/meetings
Bank General Inquiries/Bank Corporate Secretariat Conferences Office| firstname.lastname@example.org
World Bank Group Corporate Website | https://www.worldbank.org/en/home